The Kyandra Saga

The Kyandra Saga
Book I

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Prince "A Tribrute - A Lament"



No one takes death for granted...
we know it will come.
Whether it sneaks like a thief in the night or
gently sweeps you off your feet
peaceful and quiet or short and sweet.
Death comes but, how one lives life is
how death shall be celebrated
by those left behind...
left to mourn.
left to fight through your coming
to allow...what remains in this world
 to stake claim; reminded of the impact
that such a life created a ripple that affected the world.

Death you are not taken for granted.
We know you will come.
Whether you sneak like a thief in the night
or take away like a torrent rain
you leave the heart pounding
like thunder from a storm.
Death no matter how you come
you leave people behind
who mourn..

Yet I want to celebrate a life you took...
God has his sight on this soul I'm sure
the impact of his talent firmly implanted
onto a world impacted
His gift firmly sown.
we will never forget his name –
He is an artist formally known.
As weird...I mean different..eccentric even...and it took a minute
to 'get' his uniqueness until you got a peek at his God given ability.
His beauty.
Voice pure; full of shyness and humility - timid and meek
but his music
His music was powerful...
like a superhero.

Power to wail and belt out song
Power to prevail
to breach past barriers that laid bare the soul.
through instrumental collages we realized
this man born like royalty was no joke...
he shattered dichotomies and raised a few eyebrows too..
rich and poor, black and white, rock and roll, recognized
His difference was real...
and as confusing as he was, he held a profound
awareness of what this world would need.
he foresaw ten years before his time
that we held the capacity to
Party like it was 1999.
his Sex electrified – his vibe was – sound.

it was then that I learned he does not cry - Doves do.
It was then that I learned I would die for you...
It was then that I learned I hate you
it was then that I learned I was an Irresistible Bitch
It was then that I learned the color of rain is purple, not blue
it was then that I learned I Feel for you
It was then that I learned there were Thieves in the Temple

Which brings me back to what 'Death' stole.
What Death took.
Although it's often as I reflect
the genuine loss leaves me shook
and sometimes without notice.
that such loss leaves me clinging to my chest,
and I hold my breath just to breathe...
because I learned albums matter.
I learned by acknowledging his existence;
it's his legacy of music that lives
I learned that people have gleaned a certain satisfaction from his
reaction as an artist formerly known as Prince.
His lyrics dissected dichotomies; erotic and explicit..he 'made us listen'.  
It's really too soon to give Epitaphs of his feats that is just how I feel,
And I suddenly realize
when I don't think in purple...I'm suddenly blue...
as I think of the people who absolutely adored you.
What did I learn? There will never be another like Prince.
RiP  Prince Rogers Nelson...

dedicated to Adrienne Elizabeth Carr (RIP)
Desire4fire.©2016


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it with me Gloria

    ReplyDelete